Wednesday, December 26, 2012

About my surgery !!!!!

Surgery!!!!! I was freaking scared when i first heard that i was going to have a surgery. My brother would scare me saying stuff like-
"First they well cut open your neck.(Evil laugh) Then with a scissors they will cut it and stitch it in front of you with out an anesthesia."
Oh! i completely forgot to tell you what it is about. You see, i have this huge growth in my throat (not Goitre for God's sake. My friends think like that.) and it has to be surgically removed. It leads to hearing and breathing problems which i do have. But it still irritates me that if i had breathing problems how did i be a part of my school swimming team? Leaving that, the growth is called ADENOID. Sounds cool, right?! It's fun to tell people - "I have got Adenoid and you don't." But it ain't cool when you get to know what this thingy is. Here is a pic of this ADENOID.
In the first pic. that is the one to the left shows that growth but you can't imagine it that well with these pics but when you see this video clip i saw on the surgery you will find your hair standing up straight and a shiver running down your spine.


But let us leave the Science-y thingy to the doctors. My elder cousin Hari (we call him Appu chetta) has just got his M.B.B.S and is a freaking genius. He told me that i will get just a Local Anesthesia which was a relief initially. Until my brother again stepped in and said- "Thujhe kya patha bhi hai 'Local Anesthesia' kya hotha hai? Usme buss thera galla numb hoga aur voh log there samne karenge surgery. Yani thu dekh pega unhe thera galla katthe hue."(TRANSLATED TO ENGLISH IT MEANS-"Do you even know what Local Anesthesia is? In it only your neck will be numb and they will do the surgery in front of you. That is you will be able to see them cutting your neck.")
And Appu Chetta again came to my rescue saying that they will blind fold me so Adi(my brother) was just making it up.
But God had again found his way to scare the hell out of me. Appu Chetta took me to MedEx Kottayam 2012-13 where he showed me the scissors and all with which they will cut this growth. 
"Why is this happening to me?",was all i thought.  
Then is when i met a professional doctor who told me that i will have a General Anesthesia which was the greatest relief of my life. Now what all i thought was to finish this surgery as fast as possible and my brother didn't have any other way to scare me. Then came the day when my mom said that during my brother's birth she got a general anesthesia and entered an ice age till the operation was over. She said that it is your luck if you enter this awkward world. My brother then told me(first time he said something which made me excited.)-"Austin Powers ke movie me thune dekha nhi tha kya ki kuch videos the jisme voh ek multicoloured circular jage me tha. Thu bhi ese jageh me jaega."(In the Austin Powers movie sometimes there are these scenes where he enters these multicoloured circular place. You may enter a place like this.)

In the picture you see those swirls behind Austin, think of that but everywhere.
 It would be so awesome.
Then i met this doctor who told me to get an audiometry(a hearing test) which i had today. The doctor said that it was normal but sadly i didn't want it to be normal now. I wanted the operation.I wanted to enter the Austin Powers swirly world. But it was a relief when my mom said i was still going to have the operation. That is great. So for now Adios (BYE in Spanish). And if you want to read some awesome blog post then  click this link to reach Appu Chetta's Blog!! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your writing is very tempting....I think I too want to be in that Austin Power world....

Regards, SGK

Niranjan said...

Haha dad. You haven't even seen the movie and you dont even do such stuff due to which you will have to do a surgery.....
Editor